Monday, March 29, 2010

INS approval - the wait continues

Still waiting on that last piece of paper. Praying it comes very soon (like in the next week or so!).  Everything else so far has gone smoothly, and I pray that this will be resolved soon.

Two scriptures were brought to mind over the past day or so - in fact, we clung to both of these as we prepared to travel back in 2007.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Deuteronomy 31:8

I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars.
Isaiah 45:2

God spoke the second verse to me just before we traveled to bring William home.  He did indeed make the rough places smooth on that journey. And as I meditated on that scripture this weekend, something else interesting stood out to me that I'd never noticed before...

The reference to "their iron bars" made me think of the gates at the SDA. I remember walking up to those gates, and being flooded with a variety of emotions.

But God is much bigger than anyone or anything, including those gates! He will put us where we are supposed to be, when we are supposed to be there, with the child(ren) He has already chosen for us.  Praise Him for going before us, and for never leaving us!!

8 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a great post of God's unfailing love! He is tearing down all the barriers and will send you to your children as soon as He chooses. Praying for you!!!
Sharon

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

I tried calling USCIS today to see how long the wait is expected to be (new developments today) but I do not think the guys response was very accurate. I pray its not anyways. Is there a way to contact (via phone) local offices? All I can find is an email address.
I pray your wait ends soon and gets you to the children He has planned for you!

Unknown said...

yes and yes! amen and amen!

you probably know this song but the chorus spoke to me SO OFTEN in our journey to get Mary... and now it speaks to me for all new reasons. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08YZF87OBQ

junglemama said...

I am so sorry. I felt the same with Alex's adoption. Before yu know it, that darn little piece of paper will be in your hands. Are you adopting under age 6?

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I do have an email addy for our local office, and based on response I'm hopeful for something in the next week or so.

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Christine, our age range is a little broader than that, but we do fall into the younger age category for submission purposes.

Stefanie and Bill said...

Oh Jenn, I know what a relief it is to have the entire Dossier out of your hands and in Ukraine. Our INS approval took a long time too..mostly because their were errors in the spelling of my name. Praying for a speedy delivery! Fortunately, it is not holding you up for submission:)

Unknown said...

I think I'm getting about as obsessed about checking your blog for that piece of paper, as you must be checking your mailbox!!